We have been able to acquire additional accommodation at Hurlstone Agricultural High School which will allow all students (Years 7 to 11) to attend ‘residential school’ in the week 2 March – 5 March. This will allow the whole school to come together for the first time. The residential school program, permission forms and payment details will be forwarded early next week and should be completed and returned to the coordinating office by close of business on Friday 20 February 2015.
The cost per student to attend the March residential school will be $350. This includes the cost of accommodation, all food, entry to all activities and travel to and from all activities in Sydney.
To minimise the cost and disruption to families, the college will hire buses to and from Hurlstone Agricultural High School from the following regional centres.
- Nyngan (with pickups/letdowns at Dubbo, Molong and Orange)
- Parkes (with pickups/letdowns at Canowindra, Cowra, Blayney, Bathurst and Lithgow)
- Coffs Harbour (with pickups/letdowns at Forster and Broadmeadow)
- Ulladulla (with pickups/letdowns at Nowra and Wollongong)
The additional cost per student to travel to and from Hurlstone Agricultural High School on any of these buses is $50 (return).
The buses will depart from these locations at a time on Sunday 1 March which will allow students and the accompanying teachers to arrive at the residential school on Sunday evening. Full bus timetables will be forwarded when we receive confirmation of the travel plans of all students.
Transport to and from the regional centres and to the various venues will be heavily subsidised by the college.
Supervision of students arriving at the venue by other means will be available after 3 pm.
A number of parents have indicated that their children will be flying to and from the residential school. Aurora College staff will be at Sydney airport to meet your child and transport them to and from the venue. We will require a copy of the flight reservations for any student flying into and out of Sydney airport. Students should aim to arrive at Sydney airport after 3 pm on Sunday 1 March 2015. Return flights may be booked from 1 pm on Thursday 5 March 2015.
To assist with our planning, please indicate how your child will be traveling to and from Sydney in a reply email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) before close of business on Monday 16 February.
Families seeking financial assistance with the cost of the residential school may be eligible for the:
- Aurora College Student Assistance Scheme (Please contact Denise Deaves (email@example.com) on 02 9886 7667 for further information)
- School Student Transport Scheme http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/content/about-school-student-transport-scheme#Eligibility%20requirements
- Private Vehicle Conveyance subsidy http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/pvc
Payments can be made in instalments by prior arrangement with the college. Please contact Denise Deaves (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 02 9886 7560 for further information.