Aurora College will again be hosting the Rural and Remote Education Conference. This year, the event will be held on 7 and 8 September at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach.
Our theme for 2017 is What works! Sharing our success. The conference theme provides both scope and opportunity to:
- celebrate innovative strategies that:
- ensure every student is engaged at school and actively learning
- enable students and staff to flourish through change
- build shared responsibility and vision with stakeholders on how to enhance student capacity to live healthy, productive and fulfilling lives.
- align new strategies and existing practice against key initiatives such as: The Rural and Remote Education Blueprint; Local Schools, Local Decisions; Great Teaching, Inspired Learning; and Connected Communities.
- build stronger interest based professional networks and community partnerships that deliver better outcomes for students.
Please visit the conference website http://www.rde.nsw.edu.au/ruraledconf/ for further details.
The organising committee welcomes expressions of interest to present at this, the 2nd annual conference.
If you are interested in making a presentation at the conference, you will need to:
- gain the endorsement of your Principal/Manager prior to submission
- complete and submit the online Expression to Present (EtP) form (https://goo.gl/forms/peVJwg2ZUQDO1R312) by 5pm on Friday 28 April 2017.