Like any school, ours is a staffed with a principal, executive, administration staff and teachers. However, only the principal, executive and administration staff are based at our coordination unit.
Teachers who are selected to be part of our school will continue to be based in their current school/ location with a reduced teaching load to allow them to also teach a virtual secondary school class. Teachers who are part of our school:
- are expected to attend the two residential schools each year, with travel and accommodation costs paid by the virtual secondary school.
- will be provided with ongoing support and targeted professional learning.
How do I apply to teach with our school?
Permanent teachers from NSW government secondary schools, Educational Services teams and state office directorates are able to apply. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their subject expertise as well as their capacity to deliver engaging and innovative lessons in a virtual environment. Professional learning will be provided to teachers to further equip them to work in this learning environment.
What positions are available?
Expressions of Interest are being called to work with Aurora College in 2018. Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday 30 August, 2017.
- Information about classroom teacher positions
- Expression of Interest form classroom teacher positions
- Information about Teacher-librarian position
- Expression of Interest form Teacher-librarian position
- Information at a glance