Like any school, Aurora College is staffed with a principal, executive, administration staff and teachers. However, only the principal, executive, administration staff and a small number of casual teaching staff are based at our coordination office.
Teachers who are selected to be part of our school will continue to be based in their current school/ location with a reduced teaching load to allow them to also teach a virtual secondary school class. Teachers who are part of our school:
- are expected to attend the two residential schools each year, with travel and accommodation costs paid by the virtual secondary school.
- will be provided with ongoing support and targeted professional learning.
How do I apply to teach at Aurora College?
Permanent teachers from NSW government secondary schools, Educational Services teams and state office directorates are able to apply. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their subject expertise as well as their capacity to deliver engaging and innovative lessons in a virtual environment. Professional learning will be provided to teachers to further equip them to work in this learning environment.
Applications open now!
Aurora College is currently recruiting classroom teachers for mathematics teachers in stages 4, 5 and 6, Ag Teachers Stage 6, Software Design and Development Stage 6 and Geography Stage 6. Advertisements will appear in School Biz Applications close 5 pm Friday 21st September 2018. For further details and to submit an expression of interest, download the following documents:
- Information for classroom teachers
- Aurora College information at a glance.
- Expression of Interest Application Information
Would you like further information?
Curious about what it is like to work in a virtual teaching and learning environment?
Please register your interest below for:
- If you would like a copy of the Expression of Interest emailed to you when they are released early term three.
By completing the form below, we will send you an email about the information sessions and a copy of the expression of interest applications when they are released. Information about how to apply will also be available on this website.