In 2017, a working group was established to investigate whether the approaches used by Aurora College could be used to establish a virtual opportunity class provision in areas of rural and remote NSW where there is not currently an opportunity class provision.
The working group developed a rationale for a small-scale pilot for a virtual opportunity class, with schools or groups of schools across rural and remote NSW applying to opt into the pilot.
The Aurora Opportunity Class Pilot (AOCP) will commence in Semester 2 2018 and will conclude at the end of the 2019 school year.
For further information, download the AOCP fact sheet.
Expressions of interest are being called for Stage 3 classroom teacher positions with Aurora College, the Department’s virtual school (www.aurora.nsw.edu.au). Successful applicants will join a team delivering the Aurora Opportunity Class Pilot (AOCP) in rural and remote government schools.
Thee following documents provide details of the school and the conditions of employment:
- Approval to teach and extensive experience in teaching Stage 3
- Capacity to deliver engaging and innovative lessons in a virtual environment
- Experience teaching STEM and/or using an inquiry based learning approach
- Ability to monitor high educational standards
- Experience in differentiating learning to meet the needs of gifted and talented students.
If you are interested in applying for this unique opportunity, please submit by email:
- an expression of interest using the template
- your application (in no more than three pages) addressing the position criteria.
Both documents should be forwarded as an attachment by email to:
Attn: Denise Deaves (School Administration Manager) email@example.com
Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 22 June, 2018. Your principal/manager must sign your expression of interest, indicating his/her willingness to release you to Aurora College should you be successful in gaining a position.
For further details, please contact Serena McLean (AOCP Project Officer) on 1300 287 629.